HOW TO INSTALL LIGHTROOM PRESETS
You've ordered your favorite professional Lightroom presets from Modern Market and now you have to install them! I've written out some steps below for you to follow to make the process extremely easy. Before you get started, make sure that you have your presets unzipped (if you're on windows use 7-zip!) and place them somewhere you can easily find them. I usually put them on my desktop.
INSTRUCTIONS | HOW TO INSTALL PRESETS INTO LIGHTROOM
Follow these steps to install your new presets into your Lightroom!- Download presets.
- Locate and uncompress your files. Modern Markets lightroom presets will come as a .zip file so you will need to uncompress the .zip file first. Once this is done you will see a folder with the presets in them. Uncompressed Lightroom presets have a .lrtemplate extension.
- Open Lightroom.
- If you’re using a Mac, locate the top menu bar and navigate to Lightroom > Preferences. -- In Windows, you will navigate to Edit > Preferences.
- When the Preferences box appears, select the Presets tab.
- Click on the button labeled “Show Lightroom Presets Folder…”
- A new Finder window (Mac) or Explorer window (Windows) will appear. Open the Lightroom folder, then open the Develop Presets folder.
- Copy and paste presets into this folder.
- Restart Lightroom. You will find your new presets located in the Develop Module under the Presets section, along the left side of the screen.
HOW TO INSTALL PRESETS INTO LIGHTROOM + PICTURES
2. The first thing we need to do is create a place for your new presets.
Right click on one of your LR preset folders and choose "NEW FOLDER".
3. Type in the collections name here. You can rename this later if need be.
4. Once that step is complete you'll see a new preset folder.
It won't have any presets in it yet, but that's what we will do next!
5. Right click your new folder, and click "IMPORT". This will get a window to pop up.